Day In The Life of Ace at 4.5 Months: Part I

My husband has never explicitly asked it, but I know the question “What do you do all day?” has definitely crossed his mind a few times since I became a stay-at-home mom. Thus, here is my “Day In The Life” post to answer that nagging little question that I sometimes even ask myself. Also, I always enjoy reading these type of posts on other blogs about what people do with babies all day long, and I want to document Ace’s life at 4.5 months. Here we go, Part I of “Day In the Life of Ace at 4.5 Months”.

2:30-2:50 a.m. – Ace is up and hungry. He goes back to sleep easily after I nurse him, as do I.

5:20 a.m. – Ace appears to be awake for the day. The rub is that after missing his afternoon nap yesterday afternoon, he went to bed at 5:00 p.m. He had been super fussy and refusing to eat, which leads me to believe that he might be starting to teethe. It was actually a relief when he fell asleep, so here we are awake ridiculously early.

5:30-5:40 a.m. – Diaper change. Ace can make it through the night in one diaper ~95% of the time.

5:45 a.m. – I plop Ace in his jumper while I feed Millie (the cat) and unload the dishwasher.

6:15 a.m. – Ace wants up so I grab him and a bowl of cereal with a banana to eat. He plays on his playmat while I eat. I join him on the floor for some tummy time once I am done (tummy time for him, not me).

6:30 a.m. – I put Ace in his Exersaucer and start writing this post.

6:45 a.m. – Ace wants up from the Exersaucer and I can smell something, um, funky. This can only mean one thing: gross diaper change. I change him and get him dressed for the day since he got some on his PJs.

7:00 a.m. – He seems to be hungry and tired too, so I put him in his sleepsack and nurse him.

7:24 a.m. – As the sun is coming up I put Ace in his crib and I return to my own bed for some additional Zzzs.

8:06 a.m. – I can hear the baby wake up over the monitor. I try to give it 5 minutes to see if he goes back to sleep but he starts crying hard so I get him and change his diaper.

8:15 a.m. – I make coffee while Ace is in his jumper, but he sounds fussy still. Cool coffee mug courtesy of my Aunt Cindy.

8:35 a.m. – Get dressed but Ace started fussing again, so nursed him. Brushing ones teeth can always wait, or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

8:54 a.m. – Put him in Exersaucer right in front of me and my laptop so I can attempt to finish my coffee and see about some insurance paperwork. My husband bought a new (by new, I mean over 10 years old) Jeep this weekend. It was quite the lateral car move but he wanted something with 4-wheel drive for the winter. I need to print out a temporary insurance card and would like to watch the news. All that is on by now though is the crappy third hour of the Today show. Ugh. This definitily does not qualify as news.

9:20 a.m. – Fussy again and rubbing his eyes so back in the sleepsack Ace goes. I must say, the sleepsack is an amazing invention. It is a wearable blanket that we put on him over his clothes. It keeps him warm without the worry of him suffocating on it, plus it is a good signal to him that it is time to go to sleep.

9:40 a.m. – After nursing a bit, he is back in his crib asleep. I brush my teeth, wash my face, put on some BB cream, throw in a load of laundry and get ready to go for a walk once he wakes up. I find that our walks work out best right after he wakes up and as close to the morning as possible. Since I had breakfast so early, I eat a pear and cottage cheese. I write more of this post and talk to my mother briefly on the phone.

11:00 a.m. – Awake and in a smiley mood. Hooray for long naps!

11:15 a.m. – Stroller loaded. Off for our walk. Perfect autumn day for a walk too. Overcast but not too chilly, my favorite weather to exercise in.

12:10 p.m. – Back home. We walked 2.89 miles according to GPS. My goal these days is always 3 miles, but Ace started to get hungry those last few blocks. I would try to track my pace better, but it would be hard to gauge since we live in an urban area and constantly have to stop for traffic lights and cars. One thing we saw on the ride was the County Coroner at a construction site near the Botanical Gardens. They must have found bones. Ooh creepy, and just in time for Halloween! It couldn’t have been very gruesome though since one of the construction guys was taking cell phone pictures in front of the Coroner.

12:15 p.m. Nursed Ace

12:30 p.m. Made lunch. I usually eat either a sandwich or whip up whatever I can with leftover or random food stuff. Today I cooked some zucchini and yellow squash in a cast iron skillet and added in leftover garbanzo beans, brown rice, and feta that was about to go bad. Pretty tasty with some lemon juice and olive oil. I also had two eggs on the side since my leftovers didn’t make much.

12:45 p.m. Ate lunch while Ace played on his playmat next to me. Once I was done I played with him and “we” practiced rolling over by rolling him from his back to his belly and to his back again.

Next Up: Part II . . . Stay tuned for the mailman delivering mail and Ace having his diaper changed AGAIN!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s